Overhead and Underground Power
It is all in the name, Central Coast Overheads and Undergrounds! We are the overhead and underground power specialists on the Central Coast with over 20 years’ experience and knowledge and the equipment like an EWP, pole truck, excavators and under borer to complete the job quickly and safely for you.
When dealing with overhead and underground power you are required to engage in a Level 2 electrical contractor who is accredited with Ausgrid. Also known as an Accredited Services Provider (ASP). A level 2 Service provider can repair, replace, or install overhead and underground power.
Our level 2 accredited service providers have been attending to all overhead and underground power needs across Central Coast for 20+ years and are ready to guide you in the right direction. Whether its overhead or underground to your home or business and are not sure what is best for you? Give us a call and our qualified level 2 electricians can help you make that decision.
Whether it is a new overhead service, replacement, defect, or an emergency we have you covered being available 24/7 for emergency call outs and completing all work to meet standards and regulations.
Overhead power services we provide:
- Installation of new overhead power from the supply network to your home or business
- Temporary builders services (when your building or renovating)
- Relocate overhead power lines
- Replace or repair overhead powerlines
- Disconnection and reconnection of overhead power lines (for your gutters or facias to be replaced)
- Retention overhead power lines
- Rectify Ausgrid defects
- Bare overhead aerials
- Bare overhead main retention
- 200amp services
- 100amp services
- Cross arm replacements
Underground power services we provide:
- Installation of new underground power from the supply network to your home or business
- Relocate overhead power to underground power
- UGOH – Underground to overhead – in some instances you can cut out the A pole and go straight to the network pole
- Installation of underground power to a pillar
- Underground consumers mains
- Sub mains to homes, factories, sheds, garages and more
What is an overhead service main?
Overhead service main or overhead power is the cable that runs to your private home or commercial business from the network supply t point of supply. The service main can be attached to a private pole and then your home or it can also go directly to your home or business.
Depending on your needs, this service main can be single or three phase and range from 100 amps to 400amps.
Different sized service cables are used depending on your home or office requirements and over the years different types of service cable has been used.
Central Coast Overheads and Undergrounds have the experience working with insulated and bare aerial cables and have the knowledge, experience, and equipment to upgrade, repair and replace all your overhead service needs.
Not sure how to identify your private powerlines or who’s responsibility they are?
What is an underground service main?
Underground service mains or underground power is the cable that runs to your home or business from the supply network but instead of being ariel, it is placed underground in conduit.
Just like overhead power, underground power can be single phase or 3 phase depending on your needs.
Underground power can be slightly more costly and sometimes access and ground conditions play a part in whether underground power is right for your area.
If you live on a property with lots of trees, going underground can be an option to avoid fallen powerlines in high winds and storms.
Why use Central Coast Overhead & Undergrounds for your overhead and underground power needs?
- Qualified and licensed to complete all your overhead and underground needs
- Fully insured
- 25+ years’ experience
- Have the knowledge on the best way to keep your family safe
- Up to date with current rules and regulations
- Honest and reliable. Will turn up on time
- No obligation free quotes
Who we complete overhead and underground power for?
- Central Coast businesses
- Central Coast Electricians
- Central Coast Level 2 Electricians
- Central Coast Council
- Central Coast real estates
- Industrial workshops
- Commercial buildings
Level 2 Electrician • Power Poles • Timber Poles • Steel Poles • Defective Poles • Electricity Poles • Pole Inspection • Power Pole Intallation • Underground Power • Overhead Powerlines • Switchboard Upgrade • 3 Phase Upgrades
Central Coast • Jilliby • Kulnura • Dooralong • Wyee • Gosford • The Entrance • Yarramalong • Wyong • Woy Woy • Killarney Vale • Bateau Bay • Toukley • Kanwal • Gorokan • Tumbi Umbi • Glenning Valley • Matcham • Wyoming • Mardi